Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Here you can see the results of my last two sessions. We've been filling in the inside of my arm. I think there's probably only one session left until all the background on my left arm is done!

Random thought: you'd be amazed how many people think I have pot leaves tattooed on my arms! I suppose the differences between a Japanese maple leaf and a marijuana leaf are lost on most, but wow..this is annoying. Especially if it's say, my girlfriend's parents or a coworker. I'm trying to have a sense of humor about it, perhaps responding with something like "DUDE! If ya like that, you gotta check out this tattoo of a bong on my penis. It even grows when you.." (by this point they are walking away rather quickly..)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mark

Thanks again for the great update. So your arms are getting there! Very nice. You never told the story, why you are getting on and on with that process. I am sure that hand tattooing takes much longer time as with a machine? is it more painful? What is the difference - does it look better? Or is it just a preference of the artist? Did you ever get comments about your tattoos from your friends and colleagues at work? Oh and regarding your legs: I think you should go for them as it might look strange at the beach when your torso is dark inked and the legs are still white, hehe.

Cheers
Nick

Miyamoto Musashi said...

Hey Mike,

Big fan of your blog, been following it for a long time now!

Thanks for sharing the progess of your amazing bodysuit progress.

I've been wondering, how close are your sessions and how long are them.

I'm about to start a backpiece project myself.

You can check it at:
http://soken-ni-haseru-yume.blogspot.com/

Your blog was my main inspirationg for creating my own to record the process, so thanks again!

Mike Crash said...

Nick - yes, hand tattooing takes longer but I do prefer the look to the machine tattoos when it comes to traditional Japanese stuff. As far as pain, it's probably not as bad as a machine in most places but worse in some others. And as to comments from people at work - not a problem anymore since I'm laid off! ;) They never did comment anyway since I wore long sleeves in the office.

MM - my sessions are 2 hours long and I try to go every two weeks. Thanks for the link to your blog, I'll check it out. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!! I have the same problem man! I no exactly how you feel,Shinj asked me if I wanted to color them in green,I replied back "he'll noooo!!!" lol he jest started laughing he no exactly why I replied in that manner..!