Tuesday, May 30, 2006

After 34 sessions or approximately 80 hours of tattoo work, Shinji and I have finally finished my back piece. I hope I speak for us both when I say I'm incredibly pleased with the results. I have nothing but respect and admiration for Shinji, gained not only by my growing appreciation of his craft but by his professional and friendly demeanor which have made these two years an enjoyable experience. Three "banzai" cheers for Horizakura!

Over the past two years I've been surprised by my own perseverance. Back when I started I wasn't so sure that I would be able to finish. Perhaps the tattoo itself bestows the properties of strength and perseverance, acting as a talisman of sorts. Kintoki is strong but gentle, and the koi graceful even while struggling upstream. I will certainly need these qualities as I prepare to start another large project with Shinji.

It's too early in the planning stage to share many details at this point, but as the name of this blog suggests I do intend for the next portion to be munewari style. For those of you who don't know what that is, please stop back by in a few days for an explanation.

1 comment:

Petri said...

Hey! I just found your blog trough here (http://www.inkedinc.net/group/irezumi) Im actually anxious to read it all trough and trough. I will hopefully soon (depening on money) start my bodysuit with Horimatsu (his blog is http://horimatsu.blogspot.com). Cant wait to read all of your posts!

-Petri-