Tuesday, June 16, 2009

It's all starting to come together! As you can see, my left arm is almost completely connected to my back. The background on my arm is also very close to completion. The most recently tattooed areas are not fully healed yet, but I have time today to get pictures posted and I don't want to miss another session's worth of pics before my upcoming tattoo appointment.

Looking at my back with the arms attached makes me realize how far I've come. Strange how things can move along steadily right underneath your nose but it's a rare occasion that you're able to step back and see the progress for what it is. Sometimes this process can be a little trying but moments like this renew my commitment to getting the tattoo completed.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks awesome man, very cool its all coming together!

Cameron said...

What are you going to do when its completely finished?

Mike Crash said...

Cameron - I have no idea. I'll probably stop, but the legs are always an option. And we've been discussing doing some little designs around my forearm and in the space in the middle of my chest.

Henrik Haupt said...

Hi Mike - like to read of your project, it is very inspiring.. I'm wondering if you at any poit have reconsidered the choise of motifs, while being in this process?
I'm just thinking that there is many choises to make, and thinks to consider..
I think i'm not the only one here to hope that you are going to continue with your legs, so the reading can cuntinue.
Henrik

Unknown said...

Does Shinji do everything by hand or does he do the outline with the machine?

Mike Crash said...

Henrik - I'm happy with my choice for the theme. Sure, there are tons of other great options out there but I trust my initial instinct.. (and there's no point in dwelling on other options now, is there?)

Ryan - yes, Shinji does the outline with a machine and all the shading by hand.

Henrik Haupt said...

No - It's a bad stage to have second thoughts of ones choise.
I've just been considering my choise of motifs a lot before making the hard choise:)